#934 forum search function

Matt Steen Fri 16 Jul 2021

Is there a search function for the forum? If not, could it be added (or use a different platform, such as Discourse).

The website search appears to exclude the Forum section, which makes it difficult to search for previously discussed topics. Sorry if this has been asked before...I couldn't search for it.

Brian Frank Fri 16 Jul 2021

It just uses google for search (entire website)

Matt Steen Fri 16 Jul 2021

The search function seems to exclude the Forum. For example, searching for my last name does not return any links.

Brian Frank Fri 16 Jul 2021

I don't know why it doesn't do that honestly. But you can google this:

matt steen site:project-haystack.org

Honestly I thought using the google search field was just a shortcut for that, but it must have some other logic

Coen Hoogervorst Tue 21 Sep 2021

It looks like the google search is linked to the project-haystack.dev website instead of the .org website. In the results I only see links to the .dev website. When clicking I get redirected to the .org website. But I do not see any of the forum topics in the results which I would expect.

Am I wrong in my conclusion? Or if not, can this be changed so we can search the forum again.

Thank you!

Matthew Giannini Tue 21 Sep 2021

Coen - thanks for pointing that out. We just pushed an update to the website to fix the search to use .org website.

Login or Signup to reply.