#922 Equip runtime tagging

Jaap Balvers Fri 21 May 2021

For many equips the total number of hours of runtime is measured by a BMS. This is a useful statistic for many purposes. As far as I can see there is no specific tag to define this data point, but I think that the combination of run and unit==hr is all we need.

Do you agree with this or are there cases where this tagging is insufficient?

Any thoughts about this are very welcome. Thanks.

Brian Frank Fri 21 May 2021

If you are historizing the run point, then a rollup the history data is a much solution because you can slice it across any time range. But I know many systems do store it as an independent point which you might potentially manually reset occasionally.

I don't think it should be run though - this is completely different semantics. So I would suggest we add a new runtime tag.

That is pretty straight forward. More important question is what types of equipment typically have this point we might want to consider for children proto?

Mike Melillo Fri 21 May 2021

I'm in agreement with adding a separate runtime tag for the reasons Brian states.

Typically any VFD includes a run hours point on its network interface card (so motor subtypes would be a good start). In most BAS you would track it for plant equipment as well (boilers, chillers, heat exchangers). Curious what others think on it

Login or Signup to reply.