Working Group

#776 Working Group: Greenhouse Gas

Matthew Giannini Tue 7 Jan

I'd like to propose the creation of a working group to help define the units, tags, and other items related to working with greenhouse gas. I know many members of the Haystack community are doing work in this area, so I think we definitely have the expertise within the community to work on this.

I am open to any ideas for what this group should attempt to address, but my initial high-level goals would include the following:

1. Define units for working with greenhouse gases (e.g. CO2, CO, others?) Do we need specific units like that, or is it really just a weight unit?
  2. Can we standardize some tags that indicate how energy was created on a meter (e.g. coal, natural gas, etc.)
  3. Should we define energy fuel sources?
  4. Can we standardize conversion factors as part of the ontology?

If you have expertise in this area, or are doing applications related to greenhouse gas, please join the working group to help us out. I am willing to champion the group if necessary, but if someone else would like to take the charge I can help you get the group going too.

Once we get a few members on the group, I'll organize the first meeting. Thanks!

Login or Signup to reply.