#757 Interest in Contributing Haystack Models and Haystack 4.0 Python Library

Cory Mosiman Tue 12 Nov 2019

Hello Haystack Community,

I have been working on building out a python repo for working with Haystack 4.0 data. You can find information here, along with descriptions of what I'm hoping to accomplish with it. The general purpose of the repository is to provide utility-esque functions for working with Haystack 4.0 data models, such as general validation of models, understanding model contents, etc. Please note this is a work in progress and am glad for others to contribute thoughts / effort, but am not guaranteeing maintenance.

So far, I have been using the brick-examples JSON documents, as documented in the HouseOfSticks paper. While this provides 5 models, I think it would be great to have more.

Additionally, as there hasn't been any lateral study to understand consistency of tags and convention across customers, integrators, etc., this would provide a more robust data set for analysis, helping us to answer questions:

1. How many custom tags are out there?
  2. Which custom tags can we come to a consensus on as a community and roll into the standard?
  3. Are all necessary tags applied to the entity to correctly implement subtyping? etc.

The hope would be to have this as an online repository, with everybody equal access to. We can turn this into an ongoing WG if seems like there is interest.

Please respond if:

1. You are interested in contributing data sets (and potentially how many).
  2. You have general interest in contributing / using the Python library (and thoughts on where to take it / how to structure).
  3. You have additional questions which would be good for the Haystack community to understand.

Christian Tremblay Fri 15 Nov 2019

You are welcome to chat with us, hoping that your work could complement our Python implementation.

Out gitter chat channel : https://gitter.im/ChristianTremblay/pyhaystack The github repo : https://github.com/ChristianTremblay/pyhaystack

Gia Nguyen Fri 15 Nov 2019

Cory,

We would like to discuss the potential to contribute data to your analysis. Can we discuss about your projects? I can be reached at gnguyen (at) alturaassociates (dot)com

Smiles,

-Gia

Login or Signup to reply.