#708 Skyspark and pyhaystack to create and modify points / tags

correy koshnick Wed 29 May 2019

Hello,

I'm a new user of skyspark and we're interested in integrating our campus' sites and historical data through the REST API or by using the pyhaystack library if that supports what we're trying to accomplish.

So far I've been successful in connecting to my server with the pyhaystack client and been able to read tags with operations like op = session.find_entity(filter_expr='temp')

an example sensor looks like this:

t1.tags
Out[20]: {air, disMacro='$equipRef $navName', equipRef=Ref('p:ucdavis:r:246332ce-cd5328e0', 'GBSF VAV6512', True), his, kind='Number', locationRef=Ref('p:ucdavis:r:24638759-cc1a3b2a', 'Floor 5', True), mod=datetime.datetime(2019, 5, 7, 17, 4, 17, 282000, tzinfo=datetime.timezone.utc), navName='Zone Air Temp', point, sensor, siteRef=Ref('p:ucdavis:r:24632687-0e4bd94c', 'GBSF', True), temp, tz='Los_Angeles', unit='°F'}

All is fine and well, except when I want to modify the tag list:

t1.tags['faketag1'] = None

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<ipython-input-27-4eb0de79124a>", line 1, in <module>
  t1.tags['faketag1'] = None

TypeError: 'ReadOnlyEntityTags' object does not support item assignment

Is there a setting in my skyspark server or the pyhaystack client that is ensuring that all of my tags are of type "ReadOnlyEntityTags" and not "MutableEntityTags"

This is the section of the pyhaystack documentation I was following along with. https://pyhaystack.readthedocs.io/en/latest/tags.html#adding-changing-and-deleting-tags

Thanks!

Carlos Rivera Mon 3 Jun 2019

Hi, the documentation you linked to also says:

Having done this, it is possible to interrogate the tags attached to this entity. These are accessed by the tags property, which also returns a pyhaystack.client.entity.tags.MutableEntityTags if your server supports making changes via the Project Haystack API (currently only WideSky), or pyhaystack.client.entity.tags.ReadOnlyEntityTags otherwise.

Maybe you can follow pyhaystack code and see at which point one class or another is chosen. Good luck!

Login or Signup to reply.