#580 Interest in a technical meetup?

Scott Muench Wed 7 Feb 2018

I wanted to start the discussion about interest level in getting together in a live setting where interested parties can come together for various reasons. Ideas are welcome, a few that have been tossed around; such as face-to-face time for working groups, technical PlugFest-like (http://www.bacnetinternational.org/page/plugfest) session where products, applications, and hardware could be tested for interoperability. The concept is an informal "meet-up" atmosphere with some structure around agenda and the topics to be covered, so to communicate to the community and get prospective attendees participation. The frequency and logistics of course are open for suggestions as well, what do you think?

Brian Frank Thu 8 Feb 2018

Might be a cool thing to consider for future Haystack Connects. But the next one probably isn't until spring 2019. If you can get people together it would definitely be very useful

Richard McElhinney Mon 12 Feb 2018

Scott,

that's a great idea! One thing we've wanted to do for a long time was get the conversation about compliance/certification moving and perhaps one way to do this would be to get all the technical people together.

I also think that doing it in the "off" year from Haystack Connect could be a useful mechanism raise awareness and interest.

Hopefully others are interested in this as I know I certainly am!

Cheers, Richard

Login or Signup to reply.