#542 haystackCall read fails for Objects with N4 Relations (Custom)

Brandyn Carlson Tue 26 Sep 2017

I'm having an issue not being able to discover objects with custom relation references in Niagara 4 using the haystackCall function. The Kodaro Haystack Driver is being used for this project so that N4 marker tags can be synced between Skyspark and the N4 database, which contains extensive tagging and N4 object relations. In order to be usable within the customer's custom tag dictionary, the relation references for siteRef, ahuRef, and equipRef (in addition to some others) have been configured within their custom tag library and applied to site, equip and point objects across the N4 database. Therefore, haystack tag dictionary is not being used.

While the haystackCall function can discover objects using neql filters for tags within the customer's custom tag dictionary, it appears that the only point or equip objects are discovered/returned using the haystackCall function are those without any relation references. The same query that returns 500+ objects with an "equip" tag in N4 returns 0 records upon a haystackCall read with the same exact filter.

Is there an inherent issue for the haystack protocol or haystackCall function to interact with N4 objects with (certain types of) relation references? I'm working with Kodaro to troubleshoot the issue from their side but I wanted to reach out to the forum to see if this is a known issue or limitation associated with the haystack protocol?

Thanks!

Jonathan Hughes Tue 26 Sep 2017

Custom dictionary relationship failures in the Kodaro Haystack Driver has been resolved in release 1.0.16.

This issue stemmed from the assumption that the Haystack dictionary was installed and used to create the relationships. This was a bad assumption as it should not necessarily be a requirement to use the haystack dictionary to create your tagging database in N4. The 1.0.16 correctly handles all relationships and ID resolving techniques that were previously assumed to be from the Haystack dictionary for any dictionary the relationship was created with.

Login or Signup to reply.