Blog Post

#467 BASSG Open Sources Project Builder Plus; Paves a Fast Track to Haystack Tagging

John Petze Sun 5 Feb 2017

BASSG has just open sourced one of its most popular software tools - Project Builder Plus (PB+), for free use and development by the community. The PB+ editor makes it easy to work on large trend data files from your desktop, adding Project-Haystack tagging and custom extensions in preparation for importing data into analytics and visualization applications.

PB+ accepts building operational data as raw XML and CSV files and exports Project-Haystack-compliant ZINC files. From the editor screen you can assign Haystack tags and extend tags with batch oriented tools. PB+ has options to communicate with NHaystack, Project-Haystack’s open-source Niagara AX module, and with oBIX (Open Building Information Exchange) compatible databases. These connectors can be extended to Modbus, BACnet, and other standard building protocols.

PB+ is a very comprehensive tool developed based on over 4 years of use in real world applications. Now that PB+ is open-source, developers can create new connectors to other protocols and data sources popular in their specific domain. The Apache LuceneTM  text search engine is built-in, so that users can easily search for specific records or by specific tags in any database built with PB+.

The Open Source Project Builder Plus can be downloaded at this link

Steve Eynon Thu 4 May 2017

Hi, just a quick comment to say I've forked the Project Builder Plus code and created a distribution that by-passes the licensing restrictions; which is also available on BitBucket:

Project Builder Plus - the SlimerDude Fork

Alper Üzmezler Thu 4 May 2017

Thank you Steve, exactly what i hoped that would have happened. I will update the read me on the original post to point to yours without the changes.

Login or Signup to reply.