#1132 site as a space?

Coen Hoogervorst Thu 5 Sep

Hi all,

We are a bit confused regarding the space / zones definitions. This is because we want to describe the onthology for a building with all it's occupancy sensors. This is quite clear for rooms and floors. But we also have an occupancy sensor for the building as a whole.

The question is: should a site not also be a space? In this way we can:

1. Define the floors which are contained by the site; this seems a bit odd as we also have a siteRef but it would be more in line with the complete space hierarchy.
  2. Define the relationship for the building occupancy point using the spaceRef (as al other occupancy points also have the siteRef tag this is what we need).

Can anyone share their opinion on this?

Thanks Coen

Brian Frank Thu 5 Sep

Not all sites are a space (but most are). For example a utility pole might be a site, but its not a space. But typically sites are building that are also a space. There have been various iterations where we had a building type that subtyped from space. But nothing concrete has been formalized yet.

Coen Hoogervorst Mon 9 Sep

Hi Brain,

Thank you for your reply. I think we will just add building as a subtype of space which we will use on the site records to be able to create the complete space hierarchy.

Rick Stehmeyer Mon 9 Sep

I just ran into this problem myself with trying to type a whole-building pressure sensor for building pressure control. I used "SiteAirPressureSensor" but I like the way "BuildingAirPressureSensor" reads. I wonder how other people have done this.

Login or Signup to reply.