#1129 Public Sample/Test System

Manasseh Katz Wed 7 Aug

I am new to Project Haystack and starting work on a Server implementation based on Shift-4-Haystack connecting with my existing database. While there are quite a few implementations on both client and server side, each has its own requirements/language/platform/etc. and it is a bit tough to get started.

Are there any publicly accessible sample/test systems available? I could see use for both:

* Server - For testing client code from login and authentication through retrieving historical data, etc. That would allow for verification that I have the protocol correct, can correctly interpret Zinc, etc.

* Client - For testing server code, in this case allowing verification that Zinc is being generated properly, etc.

Rick Jennings Thu 8 Aug

Hi Manasseh,

I used SkySpark and its standard demo project as a test server application when I first created Phable, which is a simple Project Haystack client written in Python.

If you go to the tests folder in the Phable project here, you can see these basic tests in the file named test_client.py.

My intention is to eventually transition these tests to depend on Haxall, which is open source, instead of SkySpark.

Rick

Login or Signup to reply.