#292 Power Tags

Brian Turner Thu 18 Jun 2015

Has there been any work on the advanced power tags?

voltageAB voltageBC voltageCA unbalanceAB unbalanceBC unbalanceCA

How about the THD for each phase?

I am also curious about the phases. I see there is a phase tag, but how should I differentiate phaseA, phaseB, Phase C?

In addition, apparent and reactive should be added to differentiate the type of power and energy being modeled.

Jason Briggs Thu 18 Jun 2015

Brian.. You have tons of experience with this stuff. Why don't you propose how you would like it.

The question is really about the Haystack way and supporting the syntax.

There is a tag for phase - without the additional information of A, B, C, or N, it is really meaningless. I am not sure A, B, and C should stand on their own. The same is true for voltageAB etc.

thd can clearly be a tag on its own.

Is there a better way than this?

phaseA phaseB phaseC neutral voltAB voltAN voltBC voltBN voltCA voltCN

Brian Frank Thu 18 Jun 2015

Brian, take a look at definition for phase - its a Str tag where the value is A, B, C, or the combinations. That was decided to be cleaner than a slew of individual marker tags.

There is no definitions yets for apparent or reactive (it is definitely needed).

Might also want to review topic 231 with additional stuff on angle

Brian Turner Fri 19 Jun 2015

Thanks Brian. I have modified my db to the Str tags. I also used that for the phase to phase voltage and current where the the Str tag is phase value is AB, BC, and CA respectively.

for now, I have added thd and unbalance as marker tags in the system to support the other data in the system.

Stephen Frank Thu 13 Aug 2015

Hi Brian,

Sorry for the very late reply, but there is supposed to be a working group founded at Haystack Connect to address these sorts of comments. I tried to get it going a couple months back, then got sidetracked, and haven't returned to trying to corral everyone.

Drop me a line at [email protected] if you want to participate.

Login or Signup to reply.